We are a charity based in Wakefield providing mental health, emotional and practical support in a womenonly space. Supporting women of 16 and above at our premises in the centre of Wakefield and outreach, we provide a holistic, non-medical approach to helping improve women’s mental health and well-being.
We help Women by
Getting to know their needs and understanding how we can support them. Women self-refer by registering at one of our twice-weekly drop-in sessions. We aim to collaborate with women to assess their needs and develop a support plan, identifying the most appropriate service or treatment available for them at that time.
Established over thirty years ago the Well Women Centre plays a unique role in promoting women’s mental health and wellbeing. We are a registered charity (1107523) and company limited by guarantee.
Our legal objects are to
“Preserve, promote and protect the good health both mental and physical of women in Wakefield regardless of age, class, culture, race religion, sexuality or medico-social need”.
A centre for women to access high quality and dedicated support to improve their emotional health and wellbeing. We offer flexible services designed to overcome the inequalities and accessibility barriers that women experience. We identify and address gaps through innovation in service design and provision.
Our key outcomes:
• Reducing isolation and mental health difficulties for women
• Breaking down the barriers that prevent women from getting timely and effective services.
• Promoting women’s mental health and well being
• Being an independent and constructive influence to ensure that services are relevant, responsive and accessible.
• We seek to build a service that is welcoming and accessible to all women throughout the district.
• All of our services will be safe and operate to high professional and clinical standards.
• We will offer a service that respects the confidentiality of our client’s circumstances.
• We respect the rights of our clients, will involve them in making decisions and offer choice.
• We accept women regardless of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We will actively challenge discrimination.
• We will work to be an organisation that demonstrates best management and clinical governance throughout.