We aim to complete two intakes of volunteer counselling placements a year, these are usually spring/ summer and autumn/ winter. These exciting opportunities are for qualified and student counsellors to join our team. Volunteers and students on placements play a vital role within our centre.
Please note that it is a genuine occupational qualification that a females takes on this role and the post is exempt under section 7 (2)(e) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
In order to take up a placement here the following conditions are necessary. You must be able to:
• Secure a place on a recognised Diploma level counselling qualification or previously qualified at Diploma level minimum.
• Attend the centre every week at the agreed time to see a minimum of two clients. We offer volunteer placements at specified times in the week so please double check that your availability matches the available times for this recruitment period
• Undergo a detailed induction process before starting to see clients
• Attend group supervision once a month on a Wednesday evening
• Attend our annual Safeguarding Training
In return Well Women Centre offers:
• Travel expenses – agreed amount per session
• Paid work opportunities
• In house CPD opportunities
• External training opportunities funded by WWC
• Line management support; excellent placement support including a dedicated Team Leader and Safeguarding Lead support present at all placement times
The Well Women Centre values all skills and experience gained from voluntary work and other aspects of life, including family and caring responsibilities.
We welcome qualified counsellors who wish to volunteer.
Please note that it is a genuine occupational qualification that a females takes on this roles, and the post is exempt under section 7 (2) (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
We currently have placements available for volunteer complementary therapists who are able to work remotely, offering appointments via telephone or video calls. We are open to different therapies and health/wellbeing boosting ideas!
Qualified therapists and students on approved courses welcomed.
We can provide:
• Equipment for carrying out telephone or video call appointments
• Travel expenses (capped per session)
• Potential for CPD training
What we ask of you:
• Offer sessions to women who have been assessed by a senior complementary therapist
• Have, or are working towards Level 3 relevant qualifications
• Current governing body membership and insurance to practise
Availability on Tuesdays
Register your interest in our volunteering
and we will send you out an application
pack when we have placements available.